Whether it’s for watching movies in your hotel room, getting work done on a business trip or keeping the kids occupied on a long journey, here’s our pick of tablets for travelling…
Something for the kids
Heading off on holiday with the kids takes a lot of prep – from stocking up on snacks and drinks, to making sure you’ve packed their favourite teddy bear. No one likes to be bored, so look for a good all-round tablet that’s packed with apps to keep little ones entertained.
A tablet that lets you read books, watch TV and browse the web all in one place, try the Amazon Fire 7. With it you can:
- Effortlessly browse through books, games and apps with the easy to use home screen – with loads to choose from, there’s no chance of them getting bored
- Read books distraction-free by switching to the dedicated reading mode
- Or listen to them on the Audible app – with a library of over 150,000 audiobooks, it’s the world’s largest collection
- Watch all your favourite TV shows with catch-up apps like iPlayer and Netflix
A big screen for TV and movie watching
Can’t bear to miss out on the latest episode of House of Cards or Jessica Jones while you’re away? If you’re a Netflix addict, make sure you keep up with your favourite series from your holiday destination on a full size tablet screen.
TV series and movies look great on the Asus Z300, a 10-inch tablet with a razor-sharp display. With it you can:
- Enjoy films and TV shows as the director intended with optimised contrast, sharpness, colour and brightness – to give you the best display possible
- Watch on the go – the ultra-slim design means you can slip it in your bag, while the protective glass prevents any worry about damage
- No need for constant recharging as its battery can last for up to 8 hours
- Can’t get a connection for streaming? Store all your shows and movies for offline viewing with the option of a micro SD store slot to add more space
Connect on the go
If you like to always stay connected, you’ll want a tablet that can keep up with your busy schedule. Something that lets you email, Facebook and Skype as much as you like – whatever city or country you’re in.
A tablet that has your everyday computing needs covered, the Samsung Galaxy Tab A tablet comes with the option of built-in Wi-Fi so you always stay in the loop. With it you can:
- Take it with you on your travels – the ultra-thin design means you can easily carry it round
- Multitask with ease – read your emails and browse the web side by side with the option to open two apps at once
- Sync it with your other Samsung devices for fast sharing of documents, photos and videos between your tablet, smartphone and PC
- And when you want to take a break from all that chatting, you can kick back with your favourite TV shows on the bright multi-touch screen
Work hard with a powerhouse companion
Need a stylish tablet to take with you on business trips – to type up all your documents, keep track of your expenses and deliver presentations? Go for a powerful multitasking machine that won’t slow you down.
With a high-quality silver finish, the Samsung Tab S2 looks the part in any boardroom. At just 5.6mm thick you can take it in your hand luggage and not even know it’s there. With it you can:
- Work at your own pace – the powerful processor and 3GB RAM means it can handle demanding tasks
- Create and edit documents just like you would on a PC with Microsoft Office for Android
- Deliver picture-perfect presentations with the Super AMOLED screen that’s much brighter and clearer than a regular tablet
- Store all your files, photos and videos – using a micro SD card you can expand its memory up to 128GB
Take your PC with you
If you want all the power of your PC or laptop while you’re away, try a 2 in 1 tablet that makes a great alternative to lugging a weighty laptop round with you.
For a powerful tablet that’s capable of anything your computer can do, try the Surface Pro4. With it you can:
- Switch between tablet and computing mode with the kickstand – allowing you to adjust it to whatever angle is more comfortable
- Type up documents like you would on a laptop or PC with the option to add a full-size keyboard
- Edit photos or work in Microsoft Office – you can run all your Windows programs and apps on it
- Keep all your files secure with Windows Hello facial recognition – it scans your face instead of using a password, so only you can unlock it