Our experts have some serious techsperience, and they think you'll love this Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera. Powerful cameras don't always have to be big cameras. This compact Canon takes high quality images and 4K videos, with a wide angle lens and telephoto lens for intricate detail. When you get it here it comes with an extra zoom lens to give you loads more shooting options.
Packed with technology
The portable Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera provides high quality photos without the hassle. It's packed full of some of the most powerful technology, including DIGIC 8 processing, a CMOS sensor, and 5-axis image stabilisation.
The APS-C sensor captures photos up to 24.1 megapixels, so you can enjoy images packed with detail. It offers excellent low light performance, which means you can avoid blurry, dark images.
You won't miss a thing with 10 fps continuous shooting, making it easy to pick out the best shot with the perfect smile and no closed eyes.
Videos look fantastic too – 4K movies are packed with colour and detail, so you can create impressive-looking videos of your trek to Machu Picchu or the stunning Victoria Falls.
Wide angle zoom and telephoto lens
The EOS M50 includes a wide-angle zoom lens with optical image stabilisation, offering versatile shooting options. Whether it's a beautiful landscape on your holiday in the Scottish highlands or a photo of your loved ones, the smooth shooting and fast autofocus means you can take excellent photos.
You'll also get a telephoto lens to play with. Ideal if you're shooting the intricate details of the architecture in Vatican City or want to get closer to Stonehenge.
Plenty of connectivity
You won't need to wait around to show off your photos. With WiFi and Bluetooth, you can effortlessly transfer photos from your EOS M50 to your smartphone or PC.
Whether you want to pop your images straight on Instagram and Flikr, or simply back up your photos, you can automatically sync and transfer.
Download the Camera Connect app to take control of your camera remotely - great for group selfies.
Intuitive touchscreen and viewfinder
The Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera has both a large central viewfinder and a touchscreen that lets you line up the perfect shot. With the tip of a fingertip you can drag the autofocus, letting you create bold and vivid photos.
The decisive moment, that perfect shot, missed because you were waiting for your camera to be ready to take a photo again. But it's not your camera or your shooting technique – it's all down to having the right memory card.
To prevent that annoying lag when capturing high res images and HD video, opt for a high performance memory card with a fast write speed. Now you can focus on your subject.
- Camera type
- Mirrorless camera
- DIGIC 8
- 24.1 megapixels
- APS-C / 22.3 x 14.9 mm
- Crop factor
- 1.6 x
- EOS cleaning system
- ISO sensitivity
- - AUTO (100 - 6400), 100 - 25600- Extendable to 51200
- Image stabilisation
- Lens type
- - 15-45 mm: Wide-angle zoom- 55-200 mm: Compact zoom
- Lens mount
- - 15-45 mm: Canon EF-M mount- 55-200 mm: Canon EF-M mount
- Focal length
- - 15 - 45 mm- 55 - 200 mm
- 35 mm equivalent
- - 15-45 mm: 24 - 72 mm- 55-200 mm: 88 - 320 mm
- Maximum aperture
- - 15-45 mm: f/3.5 - f/6.3- 55-200 mm: f/4.5 - f/6.3
- Minimum aperture
- - 15-45 mm: f/22 - f/40- 55-200 mm: f/22 - f/32
- Minimum distance
- - 15-45 mm: 25 cm- 55-200 mm: 1 m
- Normal distance
- - 15-45 mm: 25 cm to infinity- 55-200 mm: 1 m to infinity
- Autofocus & manual
- Image stabilisation
- - 15-45 mm: Optical Image Stabiliser- 55-200 mm: Optical Image Stabiliser
- Optical zoom
- 3 x
SCREEN & VIEWFINDER
- Electronic viewfinder & Live View
- 3" / 76.2 mm vari-angle LCD touchscreen
- Screen features
- - Resolution: approx. 1,040,000 dots - Approx. 100% frame coverage
- OLED viewfinder
- Viewfinder features
- - Resolution: approx. 2,360,000 dots- Approx. 100% frame coverage
- Shutter speed
- 30 secs - 1/4000th
- Continuous shooting
- 10 fps
- - 2 seconds- 10 seconds- Custom- Remote
- Photo exposure modes
- Scene intelligent auto, Hybrid auto, Creative assist, SCN (Self-Portrait, Portrait, Smooth skin, Landscape, Sports, Close-up, Food, Panning, Handheld night scene, HDR backlight control, Silent mode), Creative filters (Grainy B/W, Soft focus, Fish-eye effect, Water painting effect, Toy camera effect, Miniature effect , HDR Art standard, vivid, bold, embossed), Program AE , Shutter priority AE, Aperture priority AE, Manual exposure
- Movie exposure modes
- Movie (Movie auto exposure, Movie manual exposure, Time-lapse movie)
- Photo effects
- Auto, Standard, Portrait, Landscape, Fine Detail, Neutral, Faithful, Monochrome, User Defined (x3)
- White balance
- Auto (Ambience Priority), Auto (White Priority), Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten light, White fluorescent light, Flash, Custom, Colour temperature (100 Kelvin increments)
- Video mode
- Yes, with sound
- Maximum video resolution
- 4K Ultra HD 3840 x 2160p (25 fps / 23.98 fps)
- Other video resolutions
- - Full HD 1920 x 1080p (59.94 fps / 50 fps / 29.97 fps / 25 fps / 23.97 fps)- HD 1280 x 720p (119.9 fps / 100 fps / 59.94 fps / 50 fps)
- Autofocus in video
- Video file formats
- MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio file formats
- MPEG-4 AAC-LC (stereo)
- Memory card
- - SD- SDHC- SDXC
- Number of memory card slots
- SD x 1
- Guide number
- 5 m at ISO 100
- Hot-shoe adapter
- USB 2.0
- TV output
- WiFi connectivity
- Bluetooth 4.0
- App available
- Camera Connect app
- Pictbridge / direct printing
- Battery type
- Lithium-ion LP-E12
- Battery life
- Approx. 235 shots
- Start-up time
- 1 second
- Box contents
- - Canon EOS M50 Mirrorless Camera- EF-M 15-45 mm f/3.5-6.3 IS STM Lens- EF-M 55-200mm f/4.5-6.3 IS STM Lens- Battery pack LP-E12- Battery charger LC-E12- Interface cable IFC-600PCU- Power cable- Strap EM-300DB- Camera cover R-F-4
- 88.1 x 116.3 x 58.7 mm (H x W x D)
- - 387 g (body only)- 517 g (body & 15-45mm lens)- 650 g (body & 55-200mm lens)
- 2 years