Tech to keep the whole family entertained on your Easter break
Spending the school holidays or Bank Holiday weekend away? Make the most of your Easter break with tech that’s built for use on the go.
Take family group shots and selfies
Get the whole family together for a long weekend away, and capture it all with an instant camera that’s packed with clever features.
For selfies and group shots that you can print instantly, try the Instax Mini 70. With it you can:
- Celebrate heading off or capture your tan at the end of the long weekend with a selfie – the mirror on the front lets you frame the photo properly for a perfect shot first time round
- Or get the whole family together in a group picture with the self-timer and tripod mount
- Take clear images of little ones, without making them stand around for ages. Kids’ mode lets you shoot fast-moving subjects like children and pets
- Bring it with you, wherever you go, thanks to the rechargeable battery
If you’re interested in capturing the landscape on an outdoor holiday, make sure you have a camera that’s built for shooting in tricky conditions.
The Fuji XP90 is tough enough to handle the great outdoors. While the high-resolution sensor ensures you always take high-quality images, even at night. With it you can:
- Take it to the beach without worrying – it’s waterproof to 15m and dustproof to keep out grains of sand
- Turn the sunrise into a movie with interval shooting that lets you capture multiple images as a short film
- Get high-quality close ups of flowers and plants – optical image stabilisation reduces the blur when zooming in for super-sharp images
- Catching the tail end of the ski season? It’s freezeproof to -10°C
Keep little ones occupied on long journeys
How many times have you set off on your travels, only to hear the kids complaining that they’re bored 10 minutes into the journey? Make it go faster by setting them up with a pair of headphones and an audio book.
Designed especially for children, the Little Rockers Kids Headphones are a great choice for long journeys. Plug them into any smartphone or games console for hours of entertainment. With it you can:
- Forgo any worry about the volume being too loud – volume limiting technology will stop them from damaging their ears
- Customise them for a comfortable fit and an adjustable headband that fits all sizes
- 30mm crisp drivers mean they can enjoy crisp, clear quality sound as well as looking great
- Use them at home or on the go as they’re compact enough to carry in your bag
Cycling or running while you’re away
Maybe you’re a dedicated runner who can’t resist packing your trainers – or perhaps you just want to grab some alone time. With a set of sports headphones, you’re ready to hit the open road.
Get the best from your run with a set of Beats by Dr Dre Powerbeats² wireless headphones that are designed for running and cycling. With them you can:
- Power through your session – the lightweight design will keep you going with dual-driver acoustics and rich bass sound
- Run outdoors, whatever the weather – they’re sweat and water resistant
- Enjoy distraction-free running with fuss-free wireless controls
- Stay safe in unfamiliar settings as they let in ambient noise – great if you’re running or cycling on the road
Listen to music on the beach or outside
Get the whole family involved in a sing-song round the campfire – or have a mini-disco with the adults after the kids have gone to bed – with a portable speaker.
Dirt-resistant and waterproof, the ultra-durable UE Boom 2 Wireless Portable Speaker is great for outdoor listening. With it you can:
- Listen outside, whatever the weather – it’s waterproof down to 1m for up to 30 minutes, and built using tough dirt-resistant materials
- Play your favourite tracks all night with fifteen hours of battery life on a single charge
- Enjoy 360-degree sound and deep bass thanks to dual-passive radiators, which blast the sound in every direction
- Set it up for family parties – use the wireless connection to link your Boom 2 to another UE speaker
Have your tablet by your side
It’s a guidebook, map and portable TV all in one – a tablet has your travel and entertainment needs covered.
The Microsoft Surface Book packs all the power of a laptop in a clever design – detach the screen to use it like a tablet, or rotate and re-attach the screen to turn it back into a laptop. With it you can:
- Carry it around in your rucksack without backache – at just over 1.5kg you’ll barely notice it’s in there
- Netflix addict? Keep up with your favourite shows while you’re away on the 13.5-inch screen. Low glare means you can watch outdoors without sun obscuring your view
- Keep the kids entertained with a movie while you’re travelling – there’s no worry about recharging thanks to 12 hours battery life
- Capture your holiday on video and edit it from the hotel room in video editor Premiere – it’s built for handling demanding creative tasks
Entertain the whole family
Turn your tablet into a portable media player the whole family can get their hands on – without worrying about any damage.
A sturdy tablet that’s made for travelling, the Asus ZenPad Z300 comes in a premium metallic finish and has an ultra-slim design – so you can easily slip it into your hand luggage. With it you can:
- Browse the web or watch a movie back at the hotel in crystal-clear HD – the display is optimised for perfect contrast, sharpness, colour and brightness
- Never run out of things to watch – you can store all your movies, music and photos comfortably with 16GB of space
- Double it up as a camera – and capture your holiday memories in incredible detail
- Use it all day without worrying about recharging thanks to 8 hours of battery life
Whether you need a compact camera or portable speakers to get set for your Easter break, stop off at Dixons Travel on your way to the gate and we’ll help you find the right tech for you.