Polaroid Originals reveals the OneStep+
The brand’s new instant camera offers more ways to play with analogue instant photography, unlocking a world of creative tools and techniques with a Bluetooth-connected smartphone app.
In 2017, Polaroid marked its 80th anniversary by returning to original format analog instant photography with the launch of Polaroid Originals and the unveiling of the Polaroid OneStep 2 camera. Now, Polaroid Originals offers more ways to explore, create and play with the release of its new camera, the Polaroid OneStep+.
The Polaroid OneStep+ is a natural evolution of the OneStep 2, introducing new features to the camera’s nostalgic design to bring more creative potential to instant photography. First up, a new portrait lens complements the camera’s standard lens, allowing users to to shoot from as close as 1 foot away, creating perfect close-up portraits and truly
capturing their subject’s character.
The OneStep+ also connects via Bluetooth to the new Polaroid Originals smartphone app. Intuitively designed and easy to use, the Polaroid Originals app unlocks 7 new ways to explore analog instant photography for casual and committed photographers alike:
- Double Exposure: Capture two photos in a single frame and create surreal, expressive compositions.
- Light Painting: Turn a light source into your paintbrush, draw pictures in the air and capture them in the iconic Polaroid picture frame.
- Self Timer: Create perfectly-timed photographs with up to a 25-second countdown.
- Remote Trigger: Place the trigger button in the palm of your hand and never miss a group photo again.
- Noise Trigger: Trigger the shutter at the clap of your hands, the splash of a pool or the bark of a dog to create dynamic action shots.
- Manual Mode: Fine-tune your camera’s settings and master your craft by taking full control over aperture, shutter speed, flash intensity and photo ejection.
- Scanner: Specially designed for Polaroid pictures, the app’s scanner intuitively identifies your photos, corrects glare,
adjusts and crops them, so now you can share your pictures as instantly as you took them. True to its premium positioning, the OneStep+ is rendered in a slick black colorway, and the addition of a new rainbow stripe on the camera’s faceplate pays homage to the iconic design of the original OneStep camera from 1977, closing the circle from past to present.
The OneStep+ is a camera that celebrates the nostalgic charm of analog while embracing the creative opportunities that the digital world has to offer. The result is an analog instant camera that empowers photographers of all skill levels to step out into the world, explore, discover, and have fun.
The OneStep+. More ways to play.